Prayers to the victims of the May 20th tornadoes which plummeted Moore, Oklahoma.
Please see below if you are at all able to help:
1. (Email from support group leader in Oklahoma) “Hey leaders need some help! We are in Oklahoma. We are getting together donations of food for those with special dietary needs. I have contacted the food bank and the salvation army who have told me we will be in touch. Well I know this is a huge need because parents in our support group have already been contacted. Right now if anyone would like to send donations we are having them sent to me and we are distributing. If the food bank decides it is a need then we will take to them as well. If you can help in anyway please let me know.
Here is my info.Cami Simunek 13125 Oak Hill DrivePiedmont, OK 73078I have 20 + people in our group ready to go out and distribute. Thank you!!!!”
2. (Email from a mom on another list serv in response to that email) “I contacted the head of communications at FARE (formerly FAAN) and received this email:”We’re going to be posting a blog post shortly with a variety of resources, but I wanted to let you know we’ve been in touch with the food bank in the area and they are accepting donations of allergy-friendly foods. We’re recommending people send food directly to them.
Their address is: Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma3355 S Purdue Oklahoma City, OK 73137-0968They are most in need of peanut butter replacements, and shelf-stable, easy-prep food such as canned meats/fish and soups. Many of shelf stable products are tough for our families who are managing milk, egg, wheat and soy allergies. Gluten-Free Café has chicken noodle and vegetable noodle soups that are allergy friendly, Trader Joe’s and Bumblebee low-sodium tuna in water does not contain soy (most other tunas do), and Imagine and Pacific Natural are both good brands, too.”
3. It seems Peanut Free Planet is giving free shipping for donations. Their post on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/peanutfreeplanet ):
“If you would like to send a food donation to the food allergy families that have been victims of the Oaklahoma Tornado you can order on our site. PFP will cover the shipping of the gift to the Oaklahoma Food bank. If you would like to donate $ to purchase products to fill in the gaps of other donations please purchase a gift certificate. When you order enter our address as the shipping address. 15252 Stony Creek Way Noblesville IN and choose in-store pick up and put “Oaklahoma” in the comments section. The donations will be shipped Thursday morning. The more people that SHARE this post the more we can SHARE with the food allergy families that are in dire need.” http://www.peanutfreeplanet.com/
4.Food Allergy Food Donations for Moore, OK
- Moore, Oklahoma Tornado, Food Allergy Food Donations (healthyallergynut.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergy-Friendly Food Pantry (suninaustin.com)
- Valley food bank stepping in to aid Oklahoma ()
- Food Allergies…and SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) (suninaustin.com)
- Food Allergy Awareness Week Begins Today! (thefoodallergymom.wordpress.com)
- Soy Allergy: Symptoms and Management (allergies.answers.com)